Nos. 149-157 Westgate Road and 35-39 St. James Boulevard (1-5 Blenheim Street). Built in the early to mid C19. Appears on the Ordnance Survey first edition as The Blenheim Tavern, with a passageway to the rear, Westgate Court. The pub was refurbished as the Carlisle Public House in 1866 to the designs of John Johnsone, a prominent local architect. The building was owned by Modlin Bros from 1865-68 and later Robert Deucher Ltd. Building plans of 1928 describe 149-151 as a cottage. The building was three storeys high, a rare example of local polychromatic brickwork (light coloured brick with red brick bands and arches), public house front, stone window heads and sills. The building continued as the Carlisle Public House under the ownership of Robert Deucher Ltd. Until at least 1932. It was derelict from the mid 1980s. Demolished in 2004 but recorded beforehand. The building was in very poor condition, with large parts of the roof and floors missing. Nevertheless a photographic record was taken of the exterior and interior.